5.1 General Guidelines
Those who attend and pass a StrongFirst Certification join our ranks as StrongFirst Instructors. These people are very important to the StrongFirst community. We cannot achieve our mission without them. They are on the ‘front lines’ teaching and coaching their students and athletes around the globe, every day. They help their students get stronger and we rely on those students telling others about their success in order to grow. Instructors also help us grow the Instructor ranks by recommending, when appropriate, certain students to take the challenge and become StrongFirst-certified.
Instructors embody our CORE Values and live the StrongFirst Code:
I am a student of strength.
I am a quiet professional.
Strength has a greater purpose.
5.2 Specific Policies
HR Address Changes: Notify HQ at email@example.com with any change of contact details.
Website Instructor Profile Directory: All certified Instructors have the option to add a biography to the StrongFirst website directory. If you are registered for the StrongFirst forum with the same email we have in the database, you can edit your page directly from your Instructor profile. A form will also be made available.
Article Submissions: Any Instructor may submit an article for consideration.
Direct it to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the content/style etc. is appropriate, any required further additions will be requested at that time.
Use of StrongFirst Logo: Certified StrongFirst Instructors have permission to use the StrongFirst Name & Logo (Trademark) with appropriate guidelines. Instructors may not use it for any commercial merchandise purpose. Consult the Branding Guide for more details.
Instructor Manual: An Instructor Manual will be sent one time only for all new Courses/Certifications. Master Instructors, Seniors, and Team Leaders will receive their Instructor Manual at the event.
Certification Retake/Recertification—Registration Price:
SFG I & SFL: Candidates with a failing score can retest within the year of their Cert attendance date, or current Instructors who wish to recertify can do so for $500. Applicable only to the 3-day certification.
SFB & SFG II: Candidates with a failing score can retest within the year of their Cert attendance date, or current Instructors who wish to recertify can do so for $500. Applicable only to the 2-day certification.
Instructor Expiration—Discount Registration Price:
SFG I & SFL: Expired StrongFirst Instructors that are expired for 1 year or less and want to recertify can attend either StrongFirst Certification for a $500 discount. Those expired for more than 1 year can attend either StrongFirst Certification for a $200 discount. Applicable only to the 3-day certification.
SFB & SFG II: Expired StrongFirst Instructors that are expired for 1 year or less and want to recertify can attend either StrongFirst Certification for a $350 discount. Those expired for more than 1 year can attend either StrongFirst Certification for a $150 discount. Applicable only to the 2-day certification.
Illness, Injury, or Unforeseen Circumstances: Instructors and Assistants that are unable to attend a Course or Certification due to illness, injury or unforeseen circumstances must contact the administrator and master instructor of the event as soon as possible.
5.3 Certified Instructor Descriptions
—Certified Instructor designations
Students who attend and pass the Certifications earn the rank “Certified Instructor”. The StrongFirst Instructor Certifications are more difficult than most certifications in the fitness industry. Some who attend our Certifications do so just for the challenge and are not active in the fitness industry. Others pursue the Instructor qualification as part of their profession in the fitness industry. As mentioned above, all StrongFirst Instructors are expected to follow the StrongFirst Code.
SFG I: those who attend and pass the SFG I Certification become SFG I Instructors. They will be listed on the StrongFirst website for as long as they stay current in that discipline. They can also use the SFG designation in their own marketing as long as they remain current.
SFG II: those who attend and pass the SFG II Certification become SFG II Instructors. They will be listed on the StrongFirst website for as long as they stay current in that discipline. They can also use the SFG II designation in their own marketing as long as they remain current.
SFL: those who attend and pass the SFL Certification become SFL Instructors. They will be listed on the StrongFirst website for as long as they stay current in that discipline. They can also use the SFL designation in their own marketing as long as they remain current.
SFB: those who attend and pass the SFB Certification become SFB Instructors. They will be listed on the StrongFirst website for as long as they stay current in that discipline. They can also use the SFB designation in their own marketing as long as they remain current.
Elite: those who attend and pass all four Certification become Elite Instructors. They will be listed on the StrongFirst website for as long as they stay current in that discipline. They can also use the Elite designation in their own marketing as long as they remain current.
Our Teachers of Strength make up our instructor team and are authorized to teach the StrongFirst Foundations, Kettlebell, Barbell or Bodyweight workshops. They also play a crucial role in the pursuit of our mission and the success of the StrongFirst community. For many, attending a workshop is the entry point into the StrongFirst community and it is critical that all workshop participants have a positive experience.
Our Teachers of Strength make up our instructor team and are authorized to teach at our Certification events. These Instructors play one of the most crucial roles in the success of the StrongFirst community. They are expected to be proficient in the techniques taught at the Certification and be able to coach and teach these techniques to those in attendance. The SFG Certifications are taught by the Masters, Seniors, and Team Leaders with the help of assistants (defined below).
Master Instructor is the Lead Instructor at a StrongFirst Certification. This will always be a Master ranked instructor. They are responsible for ensuring the curriculum and standards at the Certification as well as for setting the tone of the event.
Team Leaders are those who are authorized to lead teams at the StrongFirst Certifications. These positions can be filled by Senior and Team Leaders. In addition to leading teams of students, they help the Master Instructor ensure the curriculum and standards are maintained. They also help with other Certification-related responsibilities. Team Leaders will also handle all post-Cert passing requirements. Attendees have 90-days to pass Cert requirements. A notification email will be sent to the Cert administrator and to HQ admin (email) with the student’s name, Cert location/date, passing details, and whether a certificate needs to be mailed.
Assistants are Instructors with at least 1 year of experience as StrongFirst certified-instructors who assist Team Leaders, Senior and Master instructors at StrongFirst Certifications. These positions are offered by invitation only. Assistants must hold a current Instructor qualification. Prior to accepting, an assistant must fully understand the requirements and be willing to accept the responsibilities as outlined here:
1. Agree to read the Certification Manual before the event.
2. Agree to base your instruction on that manual.
3. Agree to arrive and help with the kettlebell setup the day before by 3:00 p.m. at the training location to help with any site setup that is needed. Setup consists of unpacking and organizing the kettlebells, setup of tables, etc. and general cleanup and organization of the training area. There is no transport provided, so please be prepared with your own method of transport if you are flying in. We will also have a meeting on Thursday, which will occur immediately after setup. More details are likely to be provided in the coming weeks, and times are subject to change.
4. Agree to recertify your Certification, which includes passing the snatch test and technique testing with your Team Leader (this will take place during the site setup). Please review these requirements at the following address: http://www.strongfirst.com/kettlebell-instructor-certification-sfgi/
5. If you fail any of the testing, you may be required to go through the Certification as a student, instead of as an Assistant. Please avoid this situation.
6. Agree to arrive early each day and be present at all times throughout the instruction.
7. Agree to assist the Master Instructor, Team Leaders, and StrongFirst personnel in any capacity that you are asked.
8. Agree to assist with the load-out and cleanup after the Certification ends and stay until the load-out is complete (begins upon the conclusion of the course at 4:00 p.m. and takes approximately two hours). All Instructors are required to help with the cleanup until released by StrongFirst staff.
“Keeping the Blade Sharp” is something we embrace as Students of Strength. Recertification allows us to be students once again and continue to be sharpened as “iron sharpens iron.” (Proverbs 27:17)
- Instructor listing/profile on the website via our improved Instructor Search
- Access to special discounts with our partners
- Access to the Certified Instructors Only page (with exclusive content created for and available only to our Instructors)
- The Instructor apparel store (details on the Certified Instructors Only page)
You can recertify in several ways:
- Attend your next StrongFirst Certification
- Attend a Special Event and apply for onsite recertification
- Apply to assist at a StrongFirst Certification (details on the Certified Instructors Only page)
- Online Recertification (review eligibility details on the online recert page)
- $500 for re-attending your currently held certification
- The currently listed price for registering to attend your next StrongFirst Certification
- The currently listed price for registering to attend one of our Special Events
- Applying to assist at a StrongFirst Certification (no tuition)
- $349 for our Online Recertification platform
5.5 Discounts with Partner Organizations
We are not to be all things to all people. Our focus is strength training because we believe strength is the master quality.
There are other important aspects to fitness, and we partner with other organizations to fill those voids and complement our system.
Functional Movement Systems (FMS)
Movement quality is one of those other important aspects and Functional Movement Systems is one of our valued partners. Many of you are already certified with FMS. For those who are not, they have extended a 10% discount to all StrongFirst Instructors (SFG, SFL and SFB) who are interested in getting FMS-certified. StrongFirst will be offering the same discount to FMS Instructors looking to become StrongFirst Instructors.
To apply this discount, please use the following promotional codes when registering for live or online training via functionalmovement.com.
- 10% discount on online courses: SFG10
- 10% discount on live courses: SFGLive
We are happy to have this relationship with Functional Movement Systems and we encourage all of you who are interested in pursing an FMS certificate to take advantage of this opportunity.
We are excited to officially partner with StrongFirst and offer a 10% reciprocity discount program to our respective instructors:
- Any current SFG, SFB, or SFL Certified instructor qualifies for a 10% discount on his or her first Flexible Steel instructor certification.
- Please contact Flexible Steel for more information.
Here is the article announcing the partnership: http://www.strongfirst.com/flexible-steel-strongfirst-announcing-partnership/
Ground Force Method
We believe in being StrongFirst, not Strong…only. We focus on strength and partner with organizations that compliment our system (and principles) while sharing similar core values.
Ground Force Method, created by Peter Lakatos, does all of the above. It compliments our system and principles.
- Any current SFG, SFB, or SFL Certified instructor qualifies for a 10% discount on his or her first GFM1 instructor certification.
To apply this discount, please use the following promotional code when registering: SFG10.
Please contact groundforcemethod.com for more information.
We are excited to offer a 10% reciprocity discount program to our currently certified instructors with Original Strength.
- Any current SFG, SFB, or SFL certified instructor qualifies for a 10% discount off of their registration to the Original Strength Pressing RESET Workshop.
- Any current Original Strength certified instructor who has never attended a StrongFirst Certification qualifies for a 10% discount off of their first StrongFirst Certification (excludes SFG II).
To apply this discount, please use the following code when registering: STRONGFIRST.
Please contact Original Strength for more information.
Alberto Gallazzi’s TAD013 workshops and certification seminars
We are excited to offer a 10% reciprocity discount program to our currently certified instructors with Alberto Gallazzi educational programs.
- Any current SFG, SFB, SFL, Elite qualifies for a 10% discount off their registration to any of Gallazzi’s TAD013 workshops and certification seminars.
- Code: SFG-Instructor
- The code will work across any event registration on Eventbrite.
- For all the workshops not listed on Eventbrite, plese send an email to email@example.com.
- For more information:
Results Fitness University mentorship
Reap the benefits of our proven business & success strategies. For more information, click RFU.
Interested in our next Results Fitness Mentorship? Spending 2 days with Alwyn & Rachel Cosgrove, shadowing our team of trainers, learning our systems, seeing the day to day operations.
- RFU next mentorship is on the calendar for August 15th & 16th. As part of our partnership with StrongFirst, we are offering 10% off, or $100 off.For more details about this exclusive offer, see this webpage: www.strongfirstoffer.com.